Services and Classes Continue
As concerns grow about the spread of coronavirus disease, University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) remains focused on the health and safety of its students, employees, alumni, and guests. UMGC Asia is following local military command guidance as it relates to any restrictions or closures specific to our sites in Asia. We stand ready to modify our services and courses, so our students are able to continue with their educational goals without interruption.
- Some of our Spring Session 2 courses have moved to an alternate delivery format, with additional materials being added to the LEO online classroom and instruction shifting to the live streaming format.
- Students in this modified format will be able to attend class from their residence or education center.
- Our faculty and program coordinators are working with students enrolled in Spring Session 2 to notify them of any changes to courses.
- For UMGC courses that are already fully in the online instructional method, these classes will continue online as usual.
- If the education center must temporarily close, we will move our usual services to a virtual office. NTC testing will not be available in this virtual environment, but testing advice will be. Visit our locations pages for links to our remote offices.
- For students using VA benefits, be aware that UMGC has asked the VA's approval to treat the shift from hybrid to remote (or virtual) classes—as a health measure—as a "mitigating circumstance". This will allow students in these courses to retain their in-residence monthly housing allowance (MHA). We will notify you once the VA has rendered a decision.
- The university is following guidance from the University of Maryland School of Medicine and School of Public Health, the Centers for Disease Control, and the U.S. Department of Defense to further reduce risks to our community while continuing to offer our full support to our hard-working students.
The following web sites offer the most accurate and up-to-date information about coronavirus and steps you can take to reduce your risk of exposure:
If you have specific questions about our current plans and how it might affect your studies, please reach out to the UMGC Asia team at your local education center. We will also post periodic updates on our local UMGC Asia Facebook pages:
Revised: 20 March 2020