UMGC Asia offers the Doldari Program to foreign student learners in Korea who have had previous experience in the English language but have not achieved the required proficiency scores to be admitted as regular students.
The five-course sequence (with a sixth, optional course) is designed to improve fundamental speaking, listening, reading and writing skills in Academic English for you to achieve a higher level of proficiency and facilitate your transition into the U.S. higher education system. The Doldari Program also aims to orient you to a western-style university so that you will be confident in pursuing additional courses and potentially a full degree with UMGC.
The Doldari Program is currently offered on Humphreys and Osan. The program may soon expand to other areas in Korea. If the Doldari Program is not available at your location, please contact the Doldari Program Coordinator so they may document your interest in the program.
- Korean Citizens, who are permanent employees of USFK (KGS and KWB)
- Republic of Korea military personnel assigned to UNC/CFC/USFK, including KATUSAs
- SOFA personnel, SOFA spouses and dependents
- Dependents of U.S. military retirees
Required Test Scores*
|Doldari Program||Regular Student|
*Test scores are waived for Base employees (KGS/KWB), SOFA personnel (spouses and dependents), and KATUSA or ROK military personnel assigned to UNC, CFC, or USFK
Doldari Course Sequence
|Session 1||UMEI 030||Interpersonal Communication Skills (3 institutional cr.)|
|Session 2||UMEI 020||Integrated Skills for College Literacy (3 institutional cr.)|
|Session 3||EDCP 102||Integrated Skills for Academic Success (3 cr.)|
|Session 4||EDCP 103X||Fundamentals of Writing and Grammar (3 cr.)|
|Session 5||WRTG 101X||Introduction to Writing (3 cr.)|
|Session 6||SPCH 100X (Optional)||Foundations of Speech Communication (3 cr.)|
All applicants must submit the following:
- Official high school transcripts in English.
- Copies of USFK Form 37EK and USFK ID cards that identify them as either KGS or KWB employees, or a certiciate of employment issued by the USFK Civilian Personnel Office.
* SOFA status students for whom English is not a native language or who have not attended U.S. high school need to complete an essay as part of your application.
* Base employees (KGS/KWB) will need an endorsement letter from his/her supervisor to confirm eligibility.
Advanced PC & Doldari Program Coordinator
- Name: Sunyoung Shin
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: DSN: 755-3531 | 0503-355-3531